CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate) is a pass to step into ship, subsequent seafaring and Visiting around the ports of countries of the world. This is issued from a government shipping office under the merchant shipping ordinance-1983. Information related to sea-service, performance and medical fitness are continually recorded in a CDC.
Shipping Master, Chittagong issues CDC as per direction of section 10a of MSO-1983.
The following categories of CDC are being issued by this office.
- For fresher Seamen after being trained and passed-out from National Maritime Institute, Chittagong.
- For Marine Academy Cadets (Nautical and Engineering).
- For Direct-entry Cadets (Nautical and Engineering).
- For direct Nautical and Engineering officers (Competency Certificate holder).
- For Supernumerary.
The following documents are basically needed along with an application by the candidate at the time of issuance CDC.
- Three (03) copies of passport size and one (01) copy of stamp size ( 25 × 20 mm ) photo.
- Nationality and Character certificate.
- Police verification report.
- Medical report from Port health office, Chittagong.
- Attested photocopy of educational certificates.
- No objection certificate from Department of Shipping, Dhaka.
- Sight test and color vision certificate from Mercantile Marine Department, Chittagong.
- Govt. fees amounting to Tk 666/-
? N.B. Detail requirements of documents are stated in the citizen Charter.