CHARTER OF DUTIES
- Responsible for superintending and facilitating the engagement and discharge of Seamen as provides for and in the manner prescribed under Merchant Shipping Ordinance/ Act.
- Provide means for securing for presence on board at the proper times of the seamen so engaged.
- Ensure regular supply of seamen to National and Foreign ships by arranging timely recruitment after reviewing the roster position from time to time.
- Suggest measures to protect the interest of Bangladeshi Seamen in respect of wages, provident fund, and gratuity and over time money.
- Ensure quick payment of balance of wages of the Bangladeshi Seamen.
- Inform the Director-General the employment situation from time to time.
- Suggest measures for increased employment of Bangladeshi Seamen.
- Perform any other functions relating to employment of Seamen as and when assigned to him by the Director-General.
- Make papers and suggest the Director-General on i.l.o/IMO matters connected with Seamen.