Issuance of CDC
CDC (Continuous Discharge Certificate) is a pass to step into ship, subsequent seafaring and Visiting around the ports of countries of the world. This is issued from a government shipping office under the merchant shipping ordinance-1983. Information related to sea-service, performance and medical fitness are continually recorded in a CDC.
Shipping Master, Chittagong issues CDC as per direction of section 10a of MSO-1983.
The following categories of CDC are being issued by this office.
- For fresher Seamen after being trained and passed-out from National Maritime Institute, Chittagong.
- For fresher Seamen after being trained and passed-out from approved various private Maritime Institute.
- For Marine Academy Cadets (Nautical and Engineering).
- For approved various Private Marine Academy Cadets (Nautical and Engineering).
- For direct Nautical and Engineering officers (Competency Certificate holder).
- For Supernumerary.
N.B. Detail requirements of documents are stated in the citizen Charter.