Charter of Duties of ASM
Assistant Shipping Master
- Responsible in processing the fresher applications.
- Attend Selection Board for recruiting of Crews as and when the Shipping Master and Deputy Shipping Master desire or in their absence.
- Supervise the payment of balance of wages of the signed off crews and also the payment at the time of signing on.
- Correspond with the Foreign and National Shipping Companies with regard to timely payment of deferred credit money.
- Investigate cases of dispute on board the vessel as and when directed by the Shipping Master.
- Examine desertion cases of Seamen and attend Court case in the absence of the Deputy Shipping Master and any other works as may be assigned by the Shipping Master.